Our updated updated comment policy:
I love commenters. Most bloggers do. But lately, I’ve been overrun with spam comments and rude commenters who can’t follow the rules, unwritten or otherwise. So here are the house rules, plain and simple. If you break these rules, your comment will be deleted. Sorry about that.
- Comment moderation is on. That’s right folks, we have to read your comment before it will appear on our site. If you don’t like it, don’t comment. There is no way for you to break this rule. It’s gonna be a lot like gravity, at least on the Redneck Bar and Grill.
- Your comment needs to be witty, relevant or at least slightly clever. On one of the outdoor equipment or do it yourself articles, a comment that adds knowledge is acceptable. If you are the only one that finds your comment to be witty, funny, relevant or clever, then delete!
- Keywords are no longer allowed. I don’t need to worry about penguin attacks in the middle of the night, if you know what I mean. And if you don’t know about the penguin, then search recent penguin attacks to find out.
- If for some reason there is a link in your comment, then delete!
- If all else fails and you figure for some reason you need to break one of these rules, you could try sucking up. That’s right, if you really lay it on thick we might let one get through.
- If we figure something doesn’t look right about a comment but we can’t figure it out, then delete! I’m done wasting all my time trying to make sure everything is fair so that’s the way it has to be.
I just recently went through all 1600 + comments, and had to throw most of them out. For keyword use, for broken site links, and just because in some cases. I’m a comment hoarder, hate to throw them out, but spring cleaning had to commence sometime. Even in the middle of the summer.